About Zion Church

Zion has its roots in gatherings held in the homes of early settlers to the Butternut Valley. In 1801, the congregation built Harmony Church, the earliest Episcopal Church in Otsego County, and was served by Reverend Daniel Nash. It was used until Zion, on land given by General Jacob Morris, was built and consecrated in 1818, with 2018 marking its 200th anniversary.

Zion Episcopal Church Complex, Harmony Cemetery and All Saints Chapel are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.