Until 1797, the small parish was irregularly served by a variety of traveling ministers. In that year, Daniel Nash was ordained a Deacon by the Bishop of New York and immediately took his new bride to this parish. He decided to live in Exeter, and his early ministerial acts were divided between the two places, a distance of 18 miles. On Sundays, on a borrowed horse with his wife and two children seated on a pillion behind him, he traveled to this parish. In 1801, he traveled to New York City to be ordained a priest.
Upon his return, Nash was surprised to find Harmony church had been built. It was a unpainted frame structure, 40′ x 45′. There were ten rows of pews divided into 40 pews. All 40 pews were sold at prices between $1.40 – $10.25. ($25.62 – $210.67 today) A few years later, #1 pew in the center aisle was sold to General Jacob Morris for $26.($532 today)
In 1814, Nash persuaded The Reverend Russell Wheeler to replace him. The parish was growing and thoughts were turned to building a larger structure. A committee was formed to study the expansion of Harmony Church.
Today, the graveyard is maintained by Zion parishioners. Training is offered to all interested parties on the care and maintenance of grave stones. Descendants of men and women laid to rest in this graveyard usually participate.