All Saints Chapel

All Saints’ Memorial Chapel and its adjacent cemetery is located about 4 miles south of the village of Morris on route 51.  The small stone Gothic Revival church was built circa 1866 on the Morris family estate.  The chapel cemetery is a final resting place for...
Read More →

The Tower, The Bell & The Clock

Horatio McGeorge designed the Zion tower with supports for a bell and a clock, as he did one year later for the New Lisbon Church up the valley. Shortly after Zion was completed, the bell arrived. Both Zion’s and New Lisbon’s bell were cast by the Whitechapel Bell...
Read More →

Zion’s Missions

By the end of the 19th Century, Zion Church was sponsoring 4 mission churches: All Saints Chapel at The Manor, St Stephens in Maple Grove, The New Lisbon Church and one in West Laurens. St. Stephens – Maple Grove St Stephens – Maple Grove Zion Church was sponsoring...
Read More →